Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ms. Yadana Khin (1982-2008)

U4226708, Third year-Geology
Rangoon Art/Science University

A'karikz Yannaing
31/05/2008


You are supposed to be here
On this canteen branch of third year Geology
I am right here to read you
A load of my new anti-government poetry
You are supposed to be here to tell me
Your summer stories about your beloved Irrawaddy
I am here to give you my school leave diary
That can tell how I missed you from highland territory
We every yearly have to be here for our self
Yadana, you are supposed to be here for yourself!



Tell me how you want to run the nation
From this poor condition and tight situation
Tell me how you want to blame on pass generations
For dumping undone revolutionary duties on your shoulders
Then, you always promised me to carry and saluted to your brother
Yadana, you are supposed to be here for better future of Burma!


Tell me how you hate my old school left wing ideology
Tell me how hip-hop songs are carrying real politic and reality
Tell me where I stole these multiple-rhymes in my lyrics from
Then, always told me "I am the best" plus shameful kisses upon
Yadana, you are supposed to be here for our long summer hunger!


Is that the reason I am alive?
Because I am an eastern highlander.
Is that the reason you have to die?
Because you were born in Irrawaddy delta.


There was cyclone Nargis between your lips and my lips!
I know your geology excursion is full of mud and tragic!
Ya..da..na……!

A'karikz Yannaing
31/05/2008

0 comments: